If you don’t know how to block someone on League of Legends, you should read this post.
League of Legends or LOL is one of the most popular games in the world. Millions of people are playing this game concurrently all over the world.
So, it is very easy to find yourself with some internet trolls while playing. There are a lot of spammers in the game. Also, many LOL players try to confront or disturb other players for no particular reason.
So, how can you fix this issue? The easiest and best way to deal with this situation is to block the player that is misbehaving.
It is effortless to block anybody on LOL. As a matter of fact, there are multiple ways to block someone on League of Legends. In this post, we will be revealing all of the ways in a step by step manner.
So, let’s go…
Tutorial on How to Block Someone on League of Legends
Interestingly, Riot Games encourages gamers to block other toxic gamers in LOL. So, there is no harm in blocking other players.
Now, there are multiple ways to block a player on League of Legends. And in this section, we will be talking about them one by one. Here we go…
Method #1 Blocking in LOL after a Game
Let’s say you are playing LOL, and one person is misbehaving, and you want to block him. Situations like this call for this method.
Here are the steps you can follow to block someone in League of Legends after a game.
Steps to Follow
- Wait for the scorecard to appear after the game. Now, find the name of the player you want to block
- And, right-click on the name of the gamer.
- In doing so, an overlay menu will appear. From that menu, click on the ‘Block’ option.
- Now, a popup will appear saying ‘Block Summoner’. Click on the ‘Block’ option to finalize your choice
Now you know how to block someone on LOL after a game. However, what if you have already skipped the scorecard. So, how do you block someone at this point?
Interestingly, you can still access the scorecard from the ‘Match History’ tab on your profile. Simply, click on the particular match on which you have played with the player you want to block and follow the steps above to block them.
Method #2 How To Block A Summoner on LOL Using Their Summoner Name?
If you know the summoner name of the player you want to block, you can do so. And it is effortless to perform. Here’s how it works…
Steps to Follow
- First, click on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon from the League of Legends client’s top right corner.
- In doing so, the Settings page will appear on the screen. Now, click on the ‘Block list’ option from the left sidebar.
- You will now see an empty box with the title ‘Enter a summoner name to block’ on the right sidebar.
- So, enter the name of the player you want to block on the empty box and click on the ‘Block’ button from the top right corner of the window.
- A new popup will appear on the screen. To confirm it, click on the ‘Block’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom to close the ‘Settings’ window.
That is it. The person you wanted to block will be blocked now. So, you can enjoy playing LOL once again.
Method #3 If You Want to Block a Friend in League of Legends
You might have made a new friend on LOL. But unfortunately, they are not behaving themselves right now. So, you want to block them.
Yes, it is possible to block in-game friends on League of Legends. And the process to do so will be described in this section. Let’s see how…
Steps to Follow
- When you are on League of Legends client, you will find the in-game friends list at the LOL client’s right side on the chat list.
- Now, right-click on the name of the friend you want to block. And an overlay menu will appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Block’ option from the menu.
- Now, a confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. To finalize your blocking decision, click on the ‘Block’ option, and the popup will disappear.
By following these simple steps explained above, you will be able to block any in-game friends on LOL.
What Happens After You have Blocked Someone on League of Legends
Above, we have described 3 methods of blocking someone on LOL. But do you know the consequences of blocking someone on LOL? This is almost like any other online multiplayer game. So, when you block anyone on League of Legends, these things will happen…
- The blocked player will be removed from your friend list.
- The blocked player will not be able to invite you to a game.
- They will not even be able to send you a new friend request.
- Also, the blocked player will not be able to send messages or contact you on the chatbox.
In short, there will be no way of communication between you and the blocked player.
How to Unblock Someone on League of Legends
Here we have shown how to block someone on LOL. However, there comes a time that you might want to unblock a certain person. But is it possible to unblock a player you have blocked earlier in League of Legends?
Fortunately, yes, you can easily unblock anyone you want to from the block list. And, here’s how…
Steps to Follow
- First, you will have to access the block list. To do so, click on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon from the top right corner of the League of Legends client.
- In doing so, the ‘Settings’ window will appear on the screen. Now, click on the ‘Block list’ option from the left sidebar.
- You will find the list of all the players you have blocked in the past on this page.
- Now, locate the name of the player you want to unblock and hover your mouse pointer over that player’s name.
- You will see an ‘X’ icon over the name. So, click on the ‘X’ icon, and that particular player will be unblocked.
- After that, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom to close the ‘Settings’ window
After you have unblocked someone on League of Legends, you can communicate or play with them once again.
You know that the online gaming community could be toxic sometimes. There are millions of gamers are enjoying the games at the same time all over the world.
So, it is expected that there will be some miscreants among us. We have shared various ways of blocking other players on League of Legends or LOL in this post.
Thus, we hope you will not have to put up with other toxic gamers. Then again, you can also unblock a player anytime you want to.
As a result, we have also shown how to unblock someone on LOL. So, if you change your mind about a blocked gamer, you can unblock him by following the steps above as well.
By the way, who doesn’t love astronomy or space? If you are interested in the ‘Ringed Planet’, you can read our popular post on 25 Fun Facts about Saturn Every Future Astronaut Will Love.
As always, if you happen to have any further queries or suggestions, you can leave your opinions in the comment section below.