This is the guide on how to connect a wireless microphone to amplifier. If you want to know the answer to this question, you should keep reading the rest of the post.
Nowadays, wireless microphones have been started to take over the world of wired microphones. This is understandable. A wireless microphone is very easy to use as you can move around freely with a wireless microphone compared to a wired one.
However, a wired microphone is very easy to connect to an amplifier. At the same time, you will have to use a workaround to connect a wireless mic to an amplifier. Nevertheless, we are here to help you out with a step by step guide on connecting a wireless microphone to an amplifier.
So, let’s get down to business…
Tutorial on How to Connect Wireless Microphone to Amplifier
Method #1 Using a Wireless Microphone Kit
For connecting your conventional wireless microphone, you will have to have a complete microphone. The devices you should have are:
- A Wireless Receiver
- A Wireless Microphone
- Power Supply
- A Wireless Transmitter
- XLR Cable
- And Batteries for your microphone
If you have all of these, then we can proceed to the next step. So, let’s go…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, we will have to turn on the receiver. For that, you will have to connect it to the power supply and the power supply to a wall power outlet. Make sure the antennas are attached to the receiver already. Now, turn on the receiver.
- At this moment, you will have to turn on your microphone. If you have not inserted the batteries into the microphone, you should do it already.
- Next, make sure the current frequency of your microphone and the receiver matches. Also, check the RF light or ‘Connected’ light to see if they are connected successfully.
- Now, you have to turn on the amplifier. So, insert the power cord of the amplifier into a wall outlet and turn it on. You can check the ‘ON’ light to see whether it has turned on or not.
- Now, take the XLR cable and plug in one end of the cable to the receiver XLR cable input port.
- Then connect the other end of the XLR cable to the amplifier’s microphone input or the PA system.
- You can choose between the Mic level and line level option on the receiver according to your preference.
- Next, you can start to check if everything is OK. Whether all the connections are working or not. Then you can adjust the volume, gain, and other settings from the amplifier.
- If it isn’t working, you can try restarting the microphone a couple of times. This should fix it.
- Otherwise, you might have to make all these connections from the beginning
That is it. You have learned how to connect a wireless microphone to an amplifier. It is very easy really. First, you will have to connect both the receiver and the amplifier via the XLR cable. And the turn on everything and see if everything is working or not.
Method #2 Connecting a Wireless Microphone to Your PC or Laptop
It is very easy to connect a wireless microphone to your PC or laptop. Let’s learn how to do that in this section.
Steps to Follow
- Typically your microphone receiver will have a USB port. You can connect the receiver to your PC via a USB cable
- Next, your computer will start installing the new hardware automatically. Just wait a bit and it will be done in a minute
- Now, you can turn on the microphone and see whether it is working or not
- Next, once your microphone is connected to the PC wirelessly, you can search on the Windows search box by typing ‘voice recorder’ or ‘sound recorder’ and click on the app that is available in the search result
- Or you can also use any other 3rd party audio recording app
Now you can start using your wireless mic with your PC or laptop without any issue.
Method #3 Connecting a Wireless Microphone to Your Smartphone
There are many ways you can connect a wireless microphone to your smartphone. However, the best way to do this is to get a Bluetooth enabled wireless microphone. That way, you will not have any other accessories. So, let’s learn how to connect your wireless microphone to your smartphone.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you should turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
- Then turn on the Bluetooth on your microphone and activate the pairing mode. For this, you might need to check the instruction manual to see how to turn on the pairing mode on your wireless microphone.
- Now, you will have to search for the microphone on your phone’s Bluetooth page.
- Once it appears, you have to tap on the microphone’s name and pair it with it.
- Typically, it will be connected automatically after a while. However, sometimes, you might need to enter a pairing code. In most cases, the pairing code would be 0000. It is still better to check the instruction manual that came with your wireless microphone for the pairing code.
This is the method you can connect your Bluetooth microphone to your smartphone. Remember, there are wireless microphones that come with an XLR-Bluetooth transmitter. In that case, you will have to pair the Bluetooth transmitter and your phone. Because here, the microphone doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection. Rather, the transmitter has.
FAQ About Connecting a Wireless Microphone to an Amplifier
Do You Need an Amplifier For Your Microphone to Work?
Technically, no. You don’t need an amplifier for your microphone to work. Because an amplifier or a PA system is there to increase the sound of your voice to a higher level. Without an amplifier, the microphone will work, yet the output will be very low or inaudible.
As a result, if you are using the microphone to address a big crowd, you should use an amplifier. Otherwise, if you are using your microphone for personal use or in a karaoke session, then you will not need an amplifier.
Can You Connect a Wireless Microphone to a Soundboard?
Of course, you can. But you will need an XLR adapter in this case. First, you will need to connect your microphone and transmitter using the XLR adapter. Next, you will have to connect the receiver and the soundboard. Then make sure, all of the devices are turned on and working properly. By this time, it should be working properly.
Will My Wireless Microphone Work with Any Receiver?
Unfortunately, every wireless microphone comes with a unique receiver. So, in the majority of cases, your specific wireless mic will not work with other receivers. However, there are a few high-end wireless microphones that can work with a few different receivers. In this case, you will have to check the instruction manual that came with your wireless microphone to find out whether it is compatible with other receivers.
Summing it up
From the discussion above, you can see that you can connect a wireless microphone to an amplifier. However, there are many ways you can do that. Also, depending on the microphone model, you might have to try it differently. As a result, we have tried to share all the various methods of connecting a wireless microphone to an amplifier.
So that everybody can have what you are looking for. If you have enjoyed the post, you can give a read to our post on 25 things about doctors you might not be aware of yet. And, don’t forget to share this post with others.