So, you are looking for ways to find out how many followers someone has on Tumblr. Isn’t it? If that is the case, then you can relax because you have come to the right place at the right time. In this post, we will be talking about this in a detailed manner.
Tumblr is a unique type of social media platform and a microblogging website. As of 2020, there are about 300 million active Tumblr users worldwide. In that sense, this is the 7th most popular social media platform in the world.
If you are an avid user of Tumblr and want to know how many followers someone has on Tumblr, this is the post for you. We will be explaining the trick to finding out the follower count of other Tumblr users.
So, let’s get started right away…
How to Find out Other Tumblr Users’ Follower Count on Tumblr?
Technically, there is a way of finding out how many followers someone has on Tumblr. Yet, it is a bit tricky process. As a result, we don’t recommend trying this method to our readers. However, if you are a bit tech-savvy and committed to knowing someone’s follower count on Tumblr, we can proceed after all.
Before we begin, we should offer some pointers here. First of all, Tumblr doesn’t show any users’ follower count to others like other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. However, you can know the follower count using the Tumblr API using the /followers endpoint.
To be noted, you will need authentication or permission from the other user in this case. On top of this, you will need to develop an app for this as well. More to this will be discussed in the next section. So, let’s get going…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you will have to have access to an app that requires the usage of the Tumblr API to work in the first place. You can develop that app if you want, or you can get help from professionals.
- Assuming you have access to the app, you should start contacting the person you want to know the follower count.
- You should let them know that you have developed an app for Tumblr, which needs the Tumblr API of their account. And you want them to try your app.
- Assuming that they have agreed to use your app, you can retrieve their follower count using the Tumblr API while they are using the app.
That is it. This is how you can know how many followers someone has on tumblr. But as we have said earlier, this process is very hard to accomplish. And unfortunately, this is the only way to know other’s tumblr follower count right now.
How to Find Out How Many Follower You Have on Tumblr?
In this section, we will learn how to find out your count on Tumblr. Fortunately, it is not that hard to do it. Rather, we have two methods for you to find your follower count on Tumblr. So, we will be sharing all these methods one by one. Let’s begin…
Method #1 Using a Tumblr Profile Link
This is the easiest and fastest approach to know your follower count. In this method, we will be using a link to redirect you to the ‘Followers’ page of your Tumblr account. Here’s how…
Steps to Follow
- Open any of your favorite browser on your PC or smartphone.
- Now, type this link on the address bar – https://www.tumblr.com/blog/blog-name/followers. Remember to replace the term ‘blog-name’ with the name of your Tumblr blog.
- Next, if you are not logged in to Tumblr, you will be asked to log in. So, simply log in by entering the login credentials.
- On the next page, you will see the number of the total follower of yours. And below that, you will be able to find out the username of the followers of you.
Method #2 Using the Tumblr Options
In this method, we will be sharing how to find out how many followers you have on Tumblr using the Tumblr Account option. Here’s how…
Steps to Follow on PC
- Log in to your Tumblr account if you haven’t already.
- Next, you will be on the dashboard of your Tumblr account. However, if you are not, simply click on the ‘Dashboard’ icon from the screen’s top-right corner. It will be an icon that looks like a house.
- Now, click on the ‘Account’ icon from the top-right corner menu bar. It will look like a ‘little person’ icon.
- In doing so, a dropdown menu will appear. On that menu, you will find the ‘Followers’ button. If you don’t see that, scroll down a bit, and you will see this option. Now, simply click on the ‘Followers’ button.
- Now, you will be taken to the ‘Followers’ page of your Tumblr account. So, check and see how many followers you have and who are they
Steps to follow on Tumblr Mobile App
- Launch the Tumblr mobile app if you haven’t already
- Of course, you have to log in to your account using the correct login credentials.
- Next, tap on the ‘Account’ icon, which will look like a ‘little person.’
- You have to tap on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon to bring out all the account related settings.
- Then, tap on the ‘Followers’ option from there, and you will be able to see all the list of your followers on Tumblr.
It was easy. Remember, you can only see the follower count of your own Tumblr account. If you try to find out the follower count of others using this method, it will show an error. So, it is impossible to find out how many followers someone has on Tumblr using this method.
Another thing to note is that if you want to find another of your blog’s follower count, you have to select that particular blog at first. Then make sure you are following the steps above to find out the ‘Followers’ option. That you can find the follower count of all of your Tumblr blogs if you have multiple Tumblr blogs.
You can see that it is technically possible to find out how many followers someone has on Tumblr. Yet, it isn’t easy to do so. On top of that, you will need permission from the said Tumblr user. In that sense, asking them about their follower count would be a faster way to do it.
Along with that, we have also shared a couple of methods of finding out how many followers you have. So, by following those processes, you should be able to check out your followers on Tumblr. Similarly, you can learn how to look at tumblr archive on this post of ours. As always, if you happen to have any suggestions or queries, you can leave them in the comments down below!