Tumblr, the blogging platform is great for sharing thoughts and likes. Millions of users are part of this website, posting everyday things about diverse topics. You can do a ton of stuff on Tumblr regarding different types of media, like audios, GIFs, videos, and the most popular one, pictures. If you want to know how to find a Tumblr post from Image Url, this post is for you.
Tags are often used to make a popular post, and they can have a lot of range, even though you don’t follow the profile who shared it, as long as it matches your interests. As Tumblr posts can be shared on a lot of other social media, sometimes it can be difficult to find the source of something that caught our attention. If you are currently having this problem, the next article will be perfect for you.
How to find a Tumblr post from image URL
Although you can always try by searching up the picture through Google, the Internet is so big that the chances are very little. Try by doing the following:
- Go to your browser and enter Google.
- Click on the Images section.
- Drag the picture to the searcher. We recommend you have it in a handy place on your desktop.
- It will show you similar posts, if you find the one you are looking for, open it and click on the website. Maybe it will take you to the source.
You can be lucky and find it that way. If that doesn’t work you will want to do this:
- You’ll have to use a reverse image server. We recommend you use TinEye.com.
- Once you are on the website, it will show you a little window where you can paste the image or directly put the URL. You can also search it by clicking on “Upload” and selecting the picture from a folder.
- Wait for a few seconds and it will show you different websites when the picture is available.
- Scroll until you find one that has the website you are looking for, in this case, Tumblr. Or you can filter by website.
You can also try:
- Maybe the URL isn’t working, so open it on your browser.
- When the picture shows up, download by clicking the right side of your mouse until the options appear.
- Save it in a handy place.
- Use the Google method we previously talked about or Uploaded to TinEye.
The problem with having only the URL of the picture is that it is connected to Tumblr’s image server, instead of the profile, so no matter how many times you paste the URL on your browser, it will always take you to the same picture on Tumblr.
How to copy a picture link from Tumblr
If you find a picture of which URL you would like to save, it is very easy to get it.
- Locate the post that has the picture.
- Right-click on top of the image. This should show you a menu of different options regarding the picture.
- Find the option that says Copy image URL and click on it.
- Paste the link whenever you want, it can be the browser to look for other websites that have it or a document.
Having the URL is helpful if you would like to download the image in better quality.
How to add a picture link to a Tumblr post
You can add a picture to a post even though you don’t have it on your device, as long as you have the URL. This method works better on the website:
- Log into your profile as you would normally do.
- Tap on the pencil icon that is located at the top right corner and it will show you different options of media that you can post.
- Click on the red one with the camera on it.
- Select the right grey window that says Add images from web. It is easier if you have already copied it.
- Paste the URL.
- Click on the Insert button, and it will appear in the image. If you select the wrong picture, don’t worry, just tap on the red X button and it will delete.
- Once again you can add a description and some tags related to the post.
- Tap on the Publish button and it will show in your profile.
- You can also edit it after it was published by finding the post and selecting the pencil icon. Make sure you chose the right picture.
You can also attach the picture to your post this way:
- If you have a picture on your device that you would like to post, we recommend you to have it in a handy place so it will be quicker when you upload it to the website.
- Make a new post as you would usually do.
- Write the title, the description and some tags.
- Click on the camera icon that is located under the description window.
- Select the picture you want to add to the post.
- Tap on Publish and your post will appear on your profile.
You can also attach it the same way as the URL but instead of clicking on the link window, select the one on the left. This is more useful if you would like to post only a picture. The process is the same for both methods on the app.
How to link your pictures to a URL on Tumblr
If you link the picture to a URL when people click it would take them to another website or blog.
- Upload a picture as you would normally do.
- Tap on the gear icon that is on the right corner of the picture.
- Paste the link to the website on the window that says Content source.
- Add description and tags.
- Post it.
- Go to your profile to see the post you just made.
- Under the picture, it should say Source and the link you put. Whoever clicks on it, would be redirected to the URL.
This feature is great for when you post your opinion on something and you would like to link the website where you get the information or to advertise something.
How to find people on Tumblr using the URL
The method is the same whether you are using the app or the website.
- Enter your profile.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon that is located at the bottom of the screen in the app or the left-up corner on the website.
- Write the name of the blog or paste the URL. If you don’t remember the name or don’t have the link you can write a keyword related to the blog and it may appear, depending on its popularity.
- Don’t forget to click on the search button.
- It will show you different profiles, tap on whichever catches your attention.
- Now you will be on the blog, if it is the one that you were looking for, tap on the following button.
Maybe you want to see a blog that changed its name. If you have the old URL from the blog you are looking for you have a chance to find it as long as you followed it, even though the URL changed, it should appear on the people you follow.
How to create a new profile on Tumblr
These steps will be helpful if you are new to this social media.
- Open the app or go to the website.
- Both sites will show you the option to Sign up.
- Now you can create your profile by writing an email, or even linking it to it or your Facebook account.
- Tumblr cares a lot about their user’s security, so you have to verify that you are old enough to be in the media.
- Write a username that is related to what your profile is going to be about. Try that it isn’t a complicated name so people would remember it.
- As you can share your likes on this website, they would ask you to choose 5 different topics that you like.
- Now your account will be completed, but you can personalize it in whatever way you’d like, such as the color of the blog, your profile, or header picture, or even changing your username when you get bored.
How to reset your password on Tumblr
If you are having trouble remembering your password, don’t worry, Tumblr makes it very easy for forgetful users.
- Click on the log in button.
- Go to continue with email.
- Write the email that you would normally use to enter your account.
- Select the Forgot your password? option that is under the window where you wrote the email.
- It would take you to another page where you have to click on the Reset password button.
- Now enter your email and open the one that Tumblr sent you.
- Click on Reset password and it will show you a new website where you can write your new password. Select one that you will easily remember but that people won’t think about.
- You can now enter your profile as usual.
Fortunately, almost everything is possible on the Internet, so soon or later you will find what you are looking for. Even though Tumblr is such a big media, you will probably find anything. Now you should know how to find Tumblr post from Image Url, and to handle other basic Tumblr fetures.
More Posts for You: