Many Twitch users want to know how to join a Twitch team. Are you on the same boat? Then you have stumbled upon the right post on the internet.
Simply put, a Twitch Team refers to a group of Twitch streamers that stream and collaborate on similar types of content. In this way, you can host each other’s channels.
You can also launch podcasts, collaborate on each other’s channels, host gaming competitions, and so on.
If you are new and have joined a Twitch Team, then it is a great way to grow your personal channel and brand. On the other hand, you can also help other team members of your team to grow their channels.
All in all, Twitch teams are a great way to build your reputation quickly on Twitch.
Now, chances are you don’t know how to join a Twitch team. No worries. In this post, we will be going over all the ins and outs of joining a Twitch stream for you.
So, without spending more words, let’s dig into it…
Tutorial on How To Join A Twitch Team?
It is pretty straightforward to join a Twitch team. But you will require an invitation to join any particular Twitch team.
We will talk about the invitation in detail a bit later. Now, let’s learn how to join a Twitch team after you have received the invitation.
Steps to Follow
- First, log in to your Twitch account if you haven’t already.
- Next, click on the Avatar that will be on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Settings’ option from the dropdown menu.
- You will have to click on the ‘Channel and Videos’ tab from the’ Settings’ page.
- At this point, you will have to scroll down to find the ‘My Teams’ option. So, click on the ‘My Teams’ option from there.
- Next, you will find the invitation that you have received. So, click on the ‘Accept’ option, and you will be a part of that particular team.
Now you know how to join a Twitch team. But there are many things you still need to know to get the best out of joining a Twitch team.
In the next part of the post, we will talk about those.
How Do You Find a Twitch Team Invitation
As you know that to join a Twitch team, you will first have to get an invitation. For that reason, you will have to get close to various Twitch teams.
However, the problem is that there is no official Twitch team list database from Twitch.
Yet, you can find a list of a ton of twitch team names on this page. You can also click on each of the team names to see the detailed information of the team.
For example, you will find out the team’s unique IDs, the team updated date, the team created date, team URL, and the member list.
Also, you can find lists of Twitch stream teams from other communities like Reddit or Discord after you have found a team that you like and think you can be a great part of that team.
You can ask the members to send an invitation. If they like your work, then you might get an invitation.
As always, you should make sure that you and those team members have something in common. Otherwise, they would not be interested in taking you to their team.
Why They Should Invite You to Their Team
There are lots of teams on Twitch you can join. However, not all of them are active or best suited for you.
It would be best to evaluate the team members first. Also, you will have to offer them something good for the team.
First of all, find an active team with multiple team members. Then check if they stream or collaborate regularly.
Also, don’t forget to check what games they play the most. Do you play those games too? Are you good at those games? Can you match their streaming schedule?
On the contrary, you also have to think about what you can offer to them.
First of all, you have to be a good streamer. You should also have a strong social media presence.
As always, you should have regular viewers on your channel. So, let’s take a quick look at the things you should be ready with before joining a Twitch team:
- You have to be a regular steamer.
- You should have a respectable amount of regular viewers and followers.
- A strong social presence is welcome.
- Your content should be entertaining and should have potential.
Interestingly, if you have done all of the above, many Twitch teams will automatically invite you to their team.
But, it is your duty to think thoroughly before you join the team.
Are There Any Limitations on Joining Multiple Twitch Teams?
No, there are no limitations on how many Twitch teams you can join.
However, that does not mean that you should join a lot of teams simultaneously. Why? Because you will not be able to focus on all of these different teams at once.
Also, many teams don’t like their team members if they join other teams.
The best advice is not to join more than 2 good teams. That way, you will be able to share your time and effort with the teams in the best way possible.
Are There Any Limitations on Creating Multiple Twitch Teams?
Although there are no limitations on joining multiple Twitch teams, there is a limitation on creating new Twitch teams.
A ‘Partner’ can apply for creating only two teams at the same time. If you delete or transfer the team’s ownership to another team member, it will not allow you to create more new teams.
Things You Should Consider Before Joining a Twitch Team?
Let’s say, you have received an invitation to join a Twitch team, what can you do at this moment? Should you join just the minute you have received the invitation?
No. You should be concerned with a few factors before you can jump on the bandwagon. Look for these feats on the team before you join…
- First and foremost, you and those team members should have something in common.
- They should be friendly, respectful, and have similar sentiments.
- They should receive a respectable amount of views regularly.
- Their schedule should match yours.
- Check if they play similar games as you.
Pros of Joining a Twitch Team
In this section, we will talk about some benefits of being a Twitch team member. Of course, the team you have joined should be a good one.
- Other team members will support you in various aspects of your Twitch life.
- If your team has experienced Twitch steamer, you will be able to learn from them.
- Of course, you will be able to grow your personal channel by a large degree.
- You can host multi-player gaming competitions.
- Also, you can participate in various team-related events and make team-related content.
- You will receive valuable knowledge and feedback from your teammates.
- It is a great opportunity to grow your presence on other social media platforms as well.
Cons of Joining a Twitch Team
Of course, like any other thing in the world, joining a Twitch team also has its drawbacks. Here are some examples…
- If the team is not good, then it will be a waste of your time.
- Some team members could not be good to you.
- There could be issues between you and the team leader.
- Every team would have its own set of rules, and following some of them might not be good for your own channel.
- You might feel isolated when you are on the wrong team.
These are some of the downsides of joining a Twitch team.
Because of that, you should always check all the details you can find about the team before joining. If you find that you are not fit for your new team, you can easily leave the team. We will talk about this in the next section.
How to Leave a Twitch Team
So, you have joined a Twitch team but enjoying it anymore. Or you have joined too many Twitch teams that you can’t keep up with. What can you do in this situation?
Interestingly, you can leave the team anytime. As a result, you will be able to look for a new team, and you join. Here’s how to leave a Twitch team.
Steps to Follow
- Log in to your Twitch account if you haven’t already.
- Then, click on your avatar at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- You will have to click on the ‘Channel and Videos’ option from the’ Settings’ page.
- Next, go to the ‘My Teams’ section by scrolling down and clicking on it.
- At this point, you can find the team you want to leave and click on the ‘Remove’/‘Trash’ button.
That is it. From now on, you are not part of that Twitch team anymore. You are free to join any other team.
Twitch teams are great for uniting streamers from different backgrounds.
You can easily join a team if you have received an invitation. Also, you can create a team if you are Partner.
You can join as many teams as possible. But for the better, you should not join too many teams that you cannot handle at a time.
Furthermore, before joining a team, you should make sure that you are joining a good team, and you could offer a lot of new possibilities to the team.
This post has tried to cover all the important topics related to joining a new Twitch team. We hope you will find this post helpful.
If you are a regular Twitch user, you can read our post on ‘How to Delete a Comment on Twitch? Mod Icons and More’ for more information.
As always, don’t forget to share this post with other Twitch users. And, if you happen to have any queries, you can let us know in the comment section below!